The quality policy is a priority element of the general policy of the Company and is defined by the words of the great producer of his time G.Ford «Quality is doing anything right, even when no one is looking».
The main objectives and strategies of the Company in the field of quality:
- Establishment of a quality control system for products;
- Enable continuous monitoring at sites;
- Organization of controls at all stages of production, from the moment the wire enters the warehouse to the moment the order, is issued;
- Modernization of equipment and prevention of breakdowns to prevent interruption of one of the production cycles;
- Monitoring and controlling the operation of springs at the customer’s site;
- Immediate response to customer’s wishes in the field of quality and technical details of the production of a particular spring
- To ensure the functioning of the Company by the requirements and recommendations of the International Standard ISO 9001:2000;
QUALITY CONTROL OF SPRINGS
The final step in the process of producing springs is product quality control. Springs from a specific batch and produced as part of a single process shall be checked. The inspection is carried out to ensure that the springs produced meet the required standard. If defects are detected in the test samples of the articles, a complete quality check of the whole lot is carried out.
All springs are checked by design documentation, drawing data and according to the GOST for a specific spring type.
Test procedure and quality control
Visual inspection of the surface.
All springs from the batch are visually monitored. Springs shall be free from scratches, corrosion, removal of the protective layer, salt solutions, lubricants, and dirt. If the deviation cannot be determined, the product can be heat-treated, and re-inspected.
Control of the geometric parameters of springs.
The height of the spring and the inside and outside diameters shall be sampled selectively. Spring diameters may not deviate from the values specified in the standard or the drawing for the item. The number of turns shall be determined by count. The simplest tools for determining the perpendicular position are a triangle, a control plate, and a prism. Geometric dimensions are also monitored electronically by the bench and micrometer.
The hardness check is carried out by the stationary solid-state TC 14-250, designed to measure the hardness of the surface of metal samples according to GOST 24622, GOST 23677, GOST 10242. During the test, a certain size diamond tip shall be immersed in the product. The pressure, the duration of the load, and the error values are regulated by GOST 9012.
Control of compression and tensile values.
Mechanical or hydraulic presses are used for compression and tensile testing of springs. Monitoring is possible by repeated compression or by continuous spring pressure for up to two days. These control methods are characteristic of screw compression and tensile springs.
The final step of the spring quality control is the processing of the results. During the analysis, deviations from the standards and limits are determined.
The use of the above-mentioned quality control methods and the availability of the necessary resources for their implementation guarantee the production of springs of high quality.